- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.
Princess Leia is seen using an example prior to her capture.
Costing up to 350 credits, the Defender relies on it's power pack to supply energy for each blast, combined with a minimum of blaster gas. The limited destructive energy in each bolt means that only a direct hit is capable of killing a human.
The Defender is fitted with a simple sight, in place of the electronic scope fitted to most blaster designs, due to the limited range (thirty metres optimal, sixty metres maximum).
The small size of the weapon makes it easy to conceal, and for added discretion, a three digit code can be entered into the access panel behind the trigger. This allows the Defender to be split into three parts:
- The handle, containing the power pack,
- The main body, containing the main components, and
- The barrel.
The weapon can be reassembled in less than ten seconds.
Behind the scenesEdit
The prop is apparently a target model of a .22 Stoeger Luger.
- ↑ © SWCombine
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Arms & Equipment Guide
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Fact files 64 - BLA17-18, Princess Leia's Sporting Blaster}}
- ↑ Smith, Bill. Star Wars: The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology. Boxtree. ISBN 0 7522 2338 0 page 10
- ↑ Science Fiction Weapons Volume 1. David Hirsch/Barbara Krasnoff. Starlog Press. 1979. ISBN 0-931064-13-9. page 18